home chester pictures interesting www Graphics Contact about
Gene Kelly
Friday, January 2, 2009

Like two years ago, I was at my favorite record store looking for a new movie to buy. Back then I only wanted to see classics, so I saw Singing in the Rain and thought "Cool, I want to see it" right? so I took it in my hands and was decided to buy it, but then back in the shelf I saw a blonde guy giving his back to the camera and said in big words Rebel Without A Cause - JAMES DEAN and without a second thought I threw Singing in the Raing and picked Rebel instead.



I'm not complaining at all, thanks to that day I'm a James Dean fan now, BUT... I wish I hadn't taken so long to get back to Singing In The Rain. Just a couple of days ago, I finally saw it for rent, so I rented it and watched and I just got enchanted by GENE KELLY. It's awesome, everything of it is simply awesome... but I have to confess that my favorite scene is in which he sings the title's song. I obviously spent the whole movie thinking what a beautiful smile he had and how charming he looked... but it was until this scene that I finally said "Oh lord, I like him".



And I've been listening to that song obsessively since then (and the video too) so today I was on youtube and thought "Let's search for something different" so I just looked for Gene Kelly and watched some videos and I had this feeling of "I have to watch another movie". And I found An American in Paris for download, so I downloaded it. The only problem is that it was dubbed in Spanish and that sucked, 'cause a thing I loved so much about Gene was his speaking voice.



But I did like the movie anyway, the story was nice even though I didn't like the girl at all, I mean... she was a great dancer and was really pretty but her face looked dull the whole movie (except when she danced) and her dubbed voice didn't help her AT ALL. But that's not the end of it, I still want to watch MORE movies of Gene. I really really liked him as you can notice. I don't know what made him so special hehe 'cause he's not the kind of guy I'd like (at all) but I think it's because I love dancing and music and he did all those things.



Right now I'm downloading Anchors Aweigh of Gene Kelly and FRANK SINATRA, I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I do really like Sinatra too, and I was just waiting for a chance to watch one of his movies, and now that time has come. And the fact that Gene is in the movie too, makes it way better. I've seen some bits on youtube and I'm sure I'm going to LOVE it.

So guys, if you're into classics, tap dancing, music, or simply good movies, I highly recommend Singing in the Rain and An American in Paris. I'll let you know about Anchors Aweigh as soon as I see it, but I'm sure it's cool too.

Labels: , , , , ,


WELCOME

To FANatic, a site dedicated to all of my fandoms and things that I like. If you look around you might find something of your own interest.

FAST LINKS





SHOUT

ARCHIVES

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009

FRIENDS
- CHESTER-LAND.NET
- THE CHEMIST & THE GLUE
- JEN
- ILLARA
- JAMIE
- KATE
- TAMARA
- D.A.
- LENNON & McCARTNEY
- JAMES McCARTNEY
FAN OF...



THE SITE